Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

125E charging problem ???/Iis there away to start with out useing eather

meadwine ยท 2014-05-08 11:29

Does any know wear I can get a copy of the wiring diagram for this little tractor

Replies4
  1. #1AllDodge2014-05-10 19:01

    Sorry but I to came up empty. What is your charging problem, it does not charge, right? If this is the case get a one wire alternator

  2. #2meadwine2014-05-11 13:42

    Thank you for the incite a one wire Alt. is a good fix I will need a overdrive pulley for the low engine speed

  3. #3Delmer2014-05-11 16:52

    You shouldn't need a different pulley, the one wire alt is no different than the alternator that's on there already. Diesels have a bigger pulley to balance out the slow speed, plus there's not a lot of electrical load usually. Alternator wiring is pretty simple, so fixing what you have may not be as bad as you think. It seems like one wire alternators drain the battery faster than a regular alternator over the course of a week or more. Anybody else notice this with one wire alternators? Or do I have other problems?

  4. #4old-iron-habit2014-05-11 21:08

    I always put a disconnect in with a one wire alternator. Seems they are hit and miss, maybe dependent on where they stop as far as discharging the battery over a few days or weeks. Good idea to have a disconnect anyway for the time sooner so later when wires short out.