I think the torque convertor on the old 941B is giving up probably not going to fix should I just haul to the scrap yard in Lincoln Ne for $200.00 a ton or is their any salvage yard that would do better. Motor is good and it still moves and shifts but the rails are getting worn.
do you still have need runing motor or crank shaft for 951 3304 my motor went down want to fix my loader
Yes the machine is still complete. Motor is a good running 3304 non turbo. I have put a new starter and alt on it in the last few years. I am not wanting to pull the engine. If you want the engine you would need to take the whole machine. I been ready to throw it on Craigs list and see if any one like you self needs a motor and sell them the dozer or I will haul it in for iron. We have been busy and haven't got it done.
hope you did not get blowed away . as you see i live in alabama here is my cell phone number ,we will try to makethis work. 256 708 2873 sure would hate to see good motor go to the scrap yard. thank you
Sounds good I will be in touch.
Where are they paying $200.00 a ton for a complete machine. Price dropped like a rock in a vacuum here. Prepared is under $200.00 Heavy torching is hardly worth anything.
Prepped scrap here has to be less than 2'x3' and/or less than 100# per piece, they are only paying $180/ton for that while complete machines are rated as junk autos; $110/ton. As stated scrap prices dropped like a rock in recent months, 6 months ago could get $220/T for almost anything at any shop.
No idea what they are paying today but on 5-5-2014 Alter in Lincoln Ne said they would pay $200/ton for the machine across the scale.
Make sure you get a quote on the day you delivery when you scale but before they unload it. If you don't ask the price will be different when unloaded. They all play the same game.
Well we got the crops sprayed and drove to the west coast for a two week vacation. I got the torque converter out before we left. I want to thank dozr for the phone call that help me get the converter out. Got back home and pulled the converter apart and the front bearing was out replaced both bearings and all seals and gaskets flushed the transmission real good. I got it back together today and ran it for a few hours and all seems to work good. Finished putting hood and muffler on tonight and will try to get the bucket back on friday and if it drys up load her back on the trailer and go 15 miles over to the other farm and put her back to work. I guess it is time to start looking again for some better track chain to put on it. I called and they want $2,800 for new chain and bolts. My track chains are not good.