I have a cat 12 grader with a d318 engine. The engine is sour and has bad crank. Is there any newer engines that can be retro fitted to work such as a Cummings or Detroit
Or where could I find a replacement engine
does it have pony motor and would u b willing to sell it?
I've been trying to figure that one out for awhile on a 120 w/ a D333 but cant find anything conclusive on what it would take to put a 3306 in it. The conclusion I've come to is these things are getting old enough it probably makes more sense to find another throw away machine than put the time, effort and $$$ into these things when somthing substantial fails. Just my .02 If a guy started checking with local scrap dealers you might find somthing, I've run across a few old cat blades and the guys have been willing to sell parts at weight...... Its a crap shoot but worth a shot