Hey guys I was hoping I could tap your knowledge base. Could some please give me a simple explaination of the differences between a CAT 143, 140, 140M, 140M2AWD. I'm a sevre newbie. Also an opinion on how they compare to a 772G with out to much brand bashing as I know everyone has a favorite Thanks guys
Welcome to the Forum Rapid! I think I'm just up the road from you. As for the grader's, cat 140 and 143 are the same except that the 143 is six wheel drive. This was only with the G and H models I believe. The 140 is similar is size to a Model 12, except for the horsepower which is greater, hence the model # 140. This I am sure has increased over the years through new models. 140M's are when cat introduced their new models with the joystick controls. The 140M2AWD is Tier 4 compliant and six wheel drive, and the latest model. As for a comparison with with the Deere, I'm sure the 772G compares well with a 143H or 140m awd. I am not familiar with the Deere's, but I have heard good things about them. The 772G still retains the "piano style" controls as seen on the Cat model H's and G's. I am sure there are others on this form who can be of more help, there is a lot of knowledge on here. I have only had experience with the 14's though, H's and the M's, so I don't know to much about the smaller ones.