Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

12G Clutch pedal

Queenslander ยท 2013-04-10 23:00

The clutch/inching pedal on our 12G suddenly stopped working this morning. I won't have an opportunity to investigate fully until the weekend but I've ordered a new cable, hoping this is the cause. Are there any other common causes of clutch failure? Machine operates fine otherwise, except for some irritating electrical gremlins which have appeared in the last day. Cheers, Greg

Replies3
  1. #1Radrock2013-04-11 14:14

    It is not a broken return spring is it? Of course the clutch pedal will just drop to the floor but I have had this happen several times.

  2. #2Queenslander2013-04-15 06:48

    Turns out the cable has been damaged by a stick, or the like, at some stage in the past and this is where it eventually let go. At $105 for a genuine replacement, I doubt that I could of bought a clutch cable for my dirt bike for the same amount. Cheers, Greg

  3. #3Radrock2013-04-15 22:54

    Well good deal. Glad it wasn't anything worse!