Hola A week ago I received a call from operator telling me that water was coming out from the radiator cap with pressure. So went there with a air compressor kit repair. When removing the cylinder head I found a lot of coolant solution in the cylinder. Picture below shows when water was drained. The problem was the gasket, since cylinder head cools down with the water radiator and water is coming in to the compressor and air going out to the cooling system, blowing water from the cap. Also I used new head bolts and gasket and problem solved.
I wish people wouldn't refer to it as "Water" ........!! Does my head in. Use some decent coolant in it and not the cheapest anti-freeze you can buy from the local parts store. Something meeting Cat EC-1 or ASTM 5345 would do the trick.
I used water for expressing it in short, but we use the legal CAT coolant
Glad to hear it .........!! Some people aren't so picky about what they put in radiators ........:thumbsup
I hear what you are saying Nige. I just looked at the block and cylinder head off a Toyota Hilux that has been overheating for some time and has now finally blown the head gasket. I don't know what they have run as "coolant", but I do know that I can't even drive a screwdriver into some off the passages they are that clogged and corroded. No wonder the poor thing overheated.