Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

13-14 tonne excavator

Martin78 · 2023-09-28 01:04

Hi All, would really appreciate some advice. im looking to buy a 13-14 tonne excavator. im a house builder by trade but my passion is excavator driving. So I’m looking for a machine I will run on for a good few years and put around 1000h on a year and do less of the building and more machine work. my budget is around 40-60k which if think puts me in the bracket of 2016-2020 excavators. So my questions are. what are the best brands in that weight bracket? How concerned do I need to be about hours? Was there any stand excavators made between those year? Are there any makes or models I need to stay clear of? Is there anything more I need to know? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Replies1
  1. #1skyking12023-09-28 01:18

    Where are you at? Those dollar amounts you have there do not correspond with the size of the machine here in North America. It also affects what you can actually get. there is no point talking about best brands if you can't get any parts or service where you are at.