Would this Pete be good for a 13 axle setup? 12,000 steers 40,000 tandems GVW 52,0000 550 ISX Cummins 3.42 gear or should I get a 80,000 lb. double frame Pulling a Etnyre 3+3+3 53,000 lb. Hauling in the 48 states and Canada
Sounds like a freight hauler to me, not a heavy hauler.
Nice rig. It looks like a freightliner. Do you have any hauling pictures of it?
I'm with JDOFMEME, nice truck but not speced for heavy haul. It would be hard to get 180,000 lb.s moving with 3.42s.
I have a customer that does heavy haul with a c12 13 speed with 3.55 and been doing it for years
Not really relevant to modern life I guess, but we used to gross 120,000 on a 5 axle rig with a 237 Mack. ( course we didn't have 3.42 rears). It would depend to a degree on what low in the transmission was like, but you probably would want lower rears.
Yair . . . mitch504 or others in the know. Back then, over here in Australia on heavy haul we only knew Macks as having "28 or 32mph diffs". The "B" model I drove by (calculation) grossed out at around 170,000 thousand with a D9g and half the chain. It had 28mph diffs and kept a bloke pretty busy, what would those ratios have been do you reckon? Cheers
If I have calculated correctly, 2100 RPMs x 60 = 126000 Rotations per mile, divided by 1 for direct drive = 126000, divided by 8.0 for rear end ratio = 15,750, divided by 479 for rotations per mile of 11 24.5s = 32.88 MPH. I don't know if you ended up in direct at that speed Scrub, or what size tires you were using, but I bet the speed of the driveline going into the diffs was WAY faster than the tire rotation!:beatsme
Probably about right, We had an IH with 2-speed rears, 7.37 and 9.38 iirc, and we could get almost 60mph after my brother disabled the 3200 rpm governor on the gas engine!
Yair . . . Thanks fellers, as well as I recall the old dear ran on ten hundred twenties with eight twenty-five sixteens on the trailer. Chears
My IH was on 10.00 20s, and the lowboy would have been on 8.25 15s if it was in the US. I still use a 1970 Rogers 50-ton on 15" rubber.