Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

14 H no high gears forward or reverse

Heavymantad ยท 2015-03-29 20:43

my 14 H has no high gears in forward or reverse.

Replies6
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2015-03-29 21:14

    What do you mean "high gears"? I have possibly the same problem in a 14G. It works fine in 1st through 4th forward and reverse, but nothing in 5th through 8th. The problem happened about 1,000 hrs after a rebuild, and I have been running it like that, with no obvious ill effects for a while now. I suspect a seal failure in the trans, and that it will come out one day for a reseal job.

  2. #2Oxbow2015-03-29 21:31

    I am no mechanic, but I seem to remember hearing about this problem before. If I remember correctly there may be a separate set of clutches or some such thing for fifth through eighth.

  3. #3R.D.G0132015-04-01 02:44

    Have had a 12 h do a similar thing, they have electric solenoids to shift the trans valves, the solenoids sometimes stick and wont shift and u only get bottom 3 or 4 speeds, hardest is finding which solenoid but a wiring diagram should help these would be the first things to look at and the cheapest to fix. Had it happen twice on a 12 H. They are down on the side of the tranny LH side easy to get at on the 12 so would think the 140 would be the in the same place.

  4. #4hargrove2015-04-08 09:11

    We just had a 140 H do about the same thing wasn't pulling in forward 3,4,6 and reverse 3,6 turned out to be ECM.

  5. #5Rowdy162015-04-08 19:30

    We have a 140H that just did this. Shift solenoid. Last year it lost all the gears. Its easy to troubleshoot because the faulty solenoid has a melted goo running off of it. So far at least.

  6. #6Mobiltech2015-04-08 19:37

    what is the serial number and what gears are missing?