Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

14 pin wiring harness? Needed or No?

RandyAB ยท 2012-11-30 12:30

Is this a useful/necessary addition to a new CTL? I just bought a Kubota svl 90 and was wondering if I should have the dealer install this $385 option. I want to be able to run brush mowers and such. The price seems high for a wiring harness.

Replies4
  1. #1CRAFT2012-11-30 14:12

    Yes I would say that it is an asset especially if you are planning on power beyond attachments ........ $385 sounds really cheap compared to others .....by the time you were to purchase the 14 pin connector alone, never mind the custom fit wire harness u'd be shocked at the cost of material alone ....... if they install it will also be covered under warranty ..... how will the functions be controlled inside the machine ?.... joystick buttons or remote buttons, or ? ... just curious on that one .... have fun with u'r new purchase !

  2. #2RandyAB2012-11-30 14:26

    Thanks Craft. Dealer agreed to install it for $300. Yes, the unit has joystick buttons. You can BET that I'll have fun with this little baby. I can't wait to start!

  3. #3CRAFT2012-12-01 13:46

    Keep in mind too that all 14 pin connectors are not wired or pin'd equal .... Bobcats are wired diff from Cats are wired diff from Case are wired diff from JD/NH or as in yours the Kubota ..... so when you come across a deal on an attachment be prepared to do some pin relocating within the plug or harness (on the attachment) ..... make sure the dealer gives you the wire schematic diagram so you know which 2 pins do what function ......... I've had to do the same thing with my Buhler blower as well a my new Blizzard 8611, am now in the middle of building a Rotary Rock Rake/Soil Conditioner that's on steroids ...it will have 7 separate hyd functions to operate from the joysticks ........ "YES" you will have a lot of "FUN".... (but after a while the novelty will wear off .... lol) .........Cheers !

  4. #4RandyAB2012-12-01 16:02

    It's like anything, when you do it for a living it becomes more of a job. I'm using this machine for personal use so hopefully the novelty stays a bit longer. Thanks for the heads up on the connector. I'll ask for the schematic.