Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Does anyone own a case d450 track loader ?

mmoscari ยท 2012-12-02 11:46

I am in need of the length of the bottom Anti Rollback Bar for a CASE D450 Track Loader. My bar is missing. Its no longer available, not even a drawing with dimentions. My manual has a drawing, but no dimentions. Even if it was available it would be very expensive. All I need is the working length Connecting Pin to Connecting Pin. See attachment.

Replies6
  1. #1srb2152012-12-02 14:56

    Hello, If you are interested I have that bar only thing wrong with it is the threaded end is bent, easy fix just cut off the bent and weld a 2 1/2" bolt back on it. I will give you the lenth from the center of the pin (cylinder end) it is 19 1/2" long that is just the flat bar the threaded end is 2 1/2" then you have the conector link if you need the messurement for the connector link let me know. Let me know if you need anything else for your 450 I have a few spare parts and know where there are some parts machines lying around. Make me a offer on the bar I have, I live in Newfield Nj 08344. Steve.

  2. #2mmoscari2012-12-02 21:05

    I have the connector link. I could easily make the part, but why re-invent the wheel. I thought the link was connected with threaded rod, not a bolt welded on. How much do you want for it. I have no idea what its worth. I live in Cliffwood beach, NJ 07735. The only other thing I will need some day is tracks. Mine are worn pretty good. I spent two days welding the loose plates to the chain. Now they will last me for a while.

  3. #3srb2152012-12-04 09:04

    To be honest with you I don't know what it is worth?? Like I said make a offer I don't need the part I disabled the anti-rollback on mine. Reason doing that the valve was leaking and it is hard to find those parts and to rebuild them. I had a 1965 450 that was the first year of the 450's and it didn't have the anti-rollback on it. Be honest with you I really see no need for it.

  4. #4mmoscari2012-12-04 20:10

    Thats what I thought, but a reply to my previous question indicated that it was dangerious to operate without it. I haven't had a problem. My valve poppet was leaking too, but I replaced the o-ring with a standard 3/8" OD x 1/4" ID O-Ring that I bought at Lowes. It isn't Viton, but it came in a pack of 10, and only takes 5 minutes to replace. I won't insult you with an offer and it isn't worth the trouble to ship. From your dimentions, I can easily make one if I ever have time. Right now I'm in Sandy Recovery mode, replacing 40 feet of lost cliffside property. Thank you very much for the reply.

  5. #5srb2152012-12-04 20:22

    If you would like I can post a pic of it so you get a good idea of what it looks like. As it being dangerious only if you let it be. the 65 450 I had had no ROPS, you want to talk about Dangerous, I had a few close calls but I made out fine. If you need anything else for your 450 let me know, I have a collection of spare parts and I know of a few others sitting in the woods.

  6. #6mmoscari2012-12-04 21:12

    Case probably had to add AntiRollback because of some lawyer. If you saw my first posting "Case d 450, anti rollback valve? Do i really need this?" I've been using it for a while now with no problems, so I don't think I do need it at all. My Oliver didn't have it, or ROPS until I had a close call and added a ROPS. The picture in my manual is good enough to make the part, but I appreciate the offer. I'm sure I will have more questions in the future.