Hi guys. I have a 140G serial #72v15093, noticed a small leak at the hyd. filter #9t0973. I removed the filter & the leak seems to be around the outer edge where two pieces are crimped together. ( you can see a small amount of rubber that has been forced out of the crimped seam) the O ring in the base where it screws on seems fine, not blown out or damaged. When the machine is throttled up just a small amount you can hear a slight squeal at the relief valve right next to the filter. I would have to guess I am getting too much pressure at the filter. Have not checked into any manuals as yet, wanted to see if anyone might have any ideas ? Thanks, Vernier
.I guess we should start with the basics. Have you checked and verified that your tank breather is not a plugged up?
my 450H deere goes crazy when you take the parking brake off and start to move. the right side locks and it will run in a circle . put the brake on cut the machine off and recrank and it may go straight or it may lock the left side help please.
I don't think this has a tank breather, I think the hydraulic tank is under air pressure when in operation......
Newton, please make your own thread. You will likely get more exposure that way.
I would ask you to look and verify. The system should be under pressure, yes. Excess pressure must be vented, otherwise the tank would rupture.
The Part Number 9T-0973 gave me a clue. Is this an all-wheel drive machine, and if so do you have the Custom Shop Parts Book for the AWD system (because it's not part of the standard machine Parts Book)..? This thread may have some additional info if because I am 99.9% sure that the machine is an AWD - and these Custom Shop Numbers seem to bear me out. HeavyEquipmentForums
Nige, Yes this is an all wheel drive machine, so is this an add on filter ? It has the filters in the hydraulic tank, which has been replaced recently. I can get a more knowledgeable mechanic to look at later this week. Any input from anyone is more than welcome ! Vernier
Sorry forgot to answer your question, yes I do have the Custom Shop Parts book...
The filter is not an add-on per se. The whole AWD system is an "add-on" to your machine and the filter is part of that system. The reason I was asking about whether you had the service documentation for the AWD is that it does not exist via the normal channels. In fact the Systems Operation and Test & Adjust documents for the AWD system seem to have disappeared completely. That kinda makes troubleshooting difficult.