Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

140G Front Wheel Assist hydraulic filter id

JPV ยท 2018-12-21 14:40

S/n 72v17622, Does anyone know what filter number this is? It is for the front wheel assist. The old one has been painted and has no numbers that can be read and no numbers that I can see on the base. I don't know why but SIS doesn't show anything for the front wheel assist on this machine and the good parts man at the dealer couldn't come up with anything either. The machine has Cat Custom Product badges on it, would it have had some kind of supplemental parts manual from the factory that didn't make it to the electronic version? I haven't seen another G with front wheel assist, I love it but understand they had some issues.

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2018-12-21 16:20

    Ho yas ............. Cat Custom Shop strikes again. They were never very good at documenting their additions other than paper Parts Books that always got lost. I think one of the three lines below should be something to do with it, most likely the 3Z-4880 Machine Arrgt. There is a document SEBF0600 that apparently details the modification to produce an AWD version if that's any help. I'll have a bit more of a look tomorrow.

  2. #2JPV2018-12-21 20:15

    Awesome Nige, that is sort of what I figured, will try to punch those into my sis and see what comes up. I can pull the filter and figure out what will fit but would like to just take the right filter with when I drive 2 hours to the machine!

  3. #3vernier2018-12-21 22:19

    JPV, Nige is right on cats failure to document part nos. I have a 140G w/ the front wheel assist, 72v15093. The filter number for the front wheel system is 9T-0973, (that is what it is for my machine which is older than yours). I had to rebuild both pumps on mine two years ago, & most of the pump parts were discontinued...... had a machine shop make new shafts, got pretty spendy after while ! I bought the SEBF0600-02 Nige is referring to, if you need some more information, I can scan some pages for you. Vernier

  4. #4JPV2018-12-21 23:32

    Thanks Vernier, that is what I needed. I think I will look into getting SEBF0600-02, sounds like I probably should have it. I definitely appreciate the info, that is interesting to hear about your pump. Hopefully I won't have to worry about it but these things don't run on hopes and dreams do they!

  5. #5Nige2018-12-22 03:18

    You can download a pdf copy of SEBF0600 from the Cat Publications link for $89. https://catpublications.com/ I went at it a different way and can confirm that the filter on the 140G AWD is also a 9T-0973. If you want to improve filtration efficiency on that system you can go to a 126-1817. It is a direct replacement.

  6. #6Nige2018-12-22 03:38

    To JPV. That screenshot is from the "As Shipped Product" Link on the main page of SIS. The problem is that none of the 3 Group Numbers has a hyperlink associated with it, so you can't just click and go straight to it like you would most of the others. If you put your S/N in then click on As Shipped Product you'll see it in more detail. Anything with a hyperlink is in SIS, anything without you're fresh out of luck ......... your particular machine has lots of Custom Shop (Numbers that start with 3Z, 4Z, or 1Q) Groups in the build.

  7. #7JPV2018-12-22 11:52

    Great, that makes sense. I believe this machine was ordered new by the Washington State DOT on the east side of the state and has had a lot of snow plowing stuff on it. It still gets a little of that on the west side of the state.