Hello. I am running a 140 h and i always break te straps on the ladders. Is there a way to convert them to the cable steps like on the early 140g blades? Do you have the part numbers so i can get a price from my local cat house?
We get them built from a local rigging company for scapers, Im sure you can modify your steps to fit the same way.
I was hoping that NIGE would have the 140G parts source so i can get them and put them on the 140h
The 140G cable step assembly comes in 2 parts. 8W-4389 (2) is a u-shaped steel tube assembly that bolts on to the bottom of the platform, 5T-7616 is the actual cable step assembly (3) that bolts on to the bottom of 8W-4389.
I've always wondered just how an operator keeps breaking the straps, especially on a grader?
I never ripped the strap type steps off but came close while cleaning around manholes, I just unbolted the top hangars from the cab and the straps from the hangars, flipped them (the hangars) over and remounted the straps to them, it raised the steps about 6 - 8 inches, if I remember right, it put the top step at about floor height. That allowed the moldboard to pass under the steps without hooking them when side shifting and circling while cleaning around structures. You can still hookem if you've got a steep angle on the blade like when ditching if you're not careful. Good Luck, Clyde
Currently i have bailing wire holding 1 side of the strap. Thats why i want the cable step.
Two wire hydraulic hose with pipe thread fitting crimped on the ends works great, can get them made anywhere and just weld steel pipe caps or couplings to whatever you need to mount them to.
FWIW My operators tore up the old style steps on a regular basis on the 14G, and when we switched to the new style steps I have not had a broken step in over 10 years. Plus, when the old ones get bent a couple of times they tend to break at the lower bolt holes on the upper piece and send the operator on a one way ride back to the ground.