Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

athey grader

Archie Keefe ยท 2015-05-20 19:59

I have an they grader, year unknown. Hydrostatic drive doesn't have the power that I think it should. I tried adjusting the linkages can any one tell me who manufactured the hydrostatic drive? No castings nos. or names.

Replies7
  1. #1Graderfan19812015-05-22 18:22

    I haven't find any information who built the hydrostatic drive, only find out about a serial number, it is named here in the text: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATHEY-AB690...715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a001e8493

  2. #2R.D.G0132015-05-23 05:32

    Used to have some graders back in NZ in the 60s/ 70s that looked like that, they were based on the Ford wheel tractors of the day with a front blade and mid mounted grader blade mounted under neath them. Good for carparks and small jobs, but I guess the bobcat/ skid steers came along and took over from them as I haven't seen one for years.

  3. #3Graderfan19812015-05-24 17:11

    And nowadays there are some grader attachement for tractors too

  4. #4AB6904H 19742024-07-31 20:49

    Sundstrand which is now sauer Dan Foss most dealers rebuild pumps and motors

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-08-05 22:07

    Back in the 60's and early 70's a few tractor makers had grader conversion kits with an extended front end with a blade between the axles. Massey Ferguson had a neat looking set up but I don't think they were that common, maybe because of the extra cost. ** also had a special narrow gauge tractor for clearing snow on sidewalks.

  6. #6AB6904H 19742025-07-19 20:40

    Need a rear end assembly or parts help

  7. #7Welder Dave2025-07-19 20:45

    Should have started a new thread. Also need to be a lot more specific of what you're looking for. Make, model, year etc.