Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

140h electrical problem.

Kidd ยท 2011-08-26 22:33

This morning when I went to start my grader after turning on the master, I had nothing on the key. So I went back to make sure a breaker wasn't popped. All was fine. after getting my volt meter out, I soon found out I wasn't getting a voltage across my main rely, while the key was on. So I jumpered the rely out to start the grader. thinking it was a bad relay I changed the part out. after that the relay still wont open up. So obviously my control wires are messed up. I haven't had time to get into them yet. My questions are, Could this just be as simply as a faulty ground on the control? and where could this be located. This relay opens up with the first click of the key, could be a wiring trouble inside the cab? If anyone has had this problem or has an idea where I should maybe check for a bad connection or frayed wired, any help will be grateful. Thanks you in advance Kidd.

Replies2
  1. #1smoothoperator2011-08-27 11:43

    I had a strange electrical problem with my 143H, 1AL00302. At the front of the cab (outside, under the wiper motor/mechanism cover, right side) there are two heavy power cables leading to the fuse panel in the steering console. The cables were routed and tied with very tight bends near harness connections. One had separated enough to lose it's connection. One is hot w/master, the other is hot w/key. I had the inside of my cab half torn apart when I decided to search outside the cab. I had a Cat wiring diagram, but sometimes it is still hard to figure out the exact location of some of the connections. Don't know if this info will help. Good luck. smoothoperator

  2. #2MrKomatsu2011-08-27 18:02

    check the R2 term. at the start swich and follow to signal to relay...check for continuity....possiable broken wire..