Hello I have just found this forum and found it to be very helpful and its amazing the amount of knowledge out there about graders and operating them.
G'day mate yeah you can find a lot of good advice on here mate , keep the pics coming mate.
Welcome to the Forum, barkly59, whereabouts on the Barkly? RnR.
G/day RnR and Roo_Attachments , I am based in Katherine and do a lot of station roads & firebreaks on properties near the Qld border. Benmara, Mittiebah, Mt Drummond and that photo was taken on a jumpup in the Nicholson River area. I read back further RnR that you did some work up in the Territory as well. yeh will dig up some more shots. ,
Half your luck, I do like that country up there. Our daughter lives in Tennant Creek, so we get to see a bit of it. I worked for a few months on Beetaloo Station, laying poly pipe for a water scheme they had going there, then grading station roads, with an old 12E of course and punching tracks through the scrub for the drillers to go in and put down bores. That came about because a mate of mine of mine was supplying water tanks to Beetaloo and they were looking for people to go up there during the dry season. I would have liked to spend more time up there, but we have our business here and that takes priority. RnR.
Welcome here on this forum I hope I can see some pics of your work
You can't mistake that red dirt hey?! Nice to see another Aussie on here.
Welcome Adrian, yes there is a great lot of knowledge amongst the people in this forum and they have helped me out on occasions . Whether it’s mechanical or operating information you will find someone here to help you.
I hope so mate. I'm just trying to get back into it... I've been scouring through the thread for all the good info, but you can only read so much, and then you need practical hands on experience and someone to correct you.. That's why I'm hoping I'll find a mentor. It's hard for me as I'm doing this part time on my own. I drive trains for QR as my full time job.. atm that is. Anyway, I might have to come get some tips off yourself in my holidays. I haven't been into the Territory yet.
Ok , where about in Queensland are you? I am based in Katherine N.T. I have two machines a 140 H and a 140M and am looking for an operator next year.
I'll be transferring back to Emerald 6th of January 2020 with Queensland Rail from Caboolture . I'd love the opportunity to come give you a hand. Only problem is I can't offer to come Full Time at this stage. I have more than 10 weeks of annual leave that I can use and I will have a roster that will allow me to do a few days here and there, But I can't afford to leave QR until I have my house paid for. It'd be good to catch up if you're ok with giving me a bell. 0421 144 362. Cheers, Adrian.