Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

140H transmission issue

Jasoncarlon · 2020-06-15 03:20

Hi, I’m having problems with a tranny in a 140H. Serial prefix CCA. The transmission warning light comes on in gears 2F, 6F, 7F, 2R, 5R. The associated clutch pack is number 4, so I checked pressures etc and they all seem good except nothing on 4, checked for power at solenoid and it has only 5 bolts going to it. Put a new solenoid and coil on it as I had a new one handy. There is no active codes displayed. Checked over all harness connections and cleaned them etc. any ideas why there would only be 5V? thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Nige2020-06-15 03:30

    Full S/N please. There is a break in the production and it’s important to know if your machine is above or below it. Did the problem come on suddenly or did it slowly get worse over time.? Does the parking brake work OK.? In other words can you stall the engine with the parking brake applied and you let off the inching pedal.? Are you measuring the 5v by back-probing with the wiring harness connections still connected.? Regarding the #4 clutch problem the first thing I would suggest is to pull both the transmission screens and inspect for metal on the magnets or burned friction material in the screens. Does the transmission oil smell burnt.?