Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

140K

20/80 · 2018-08-05 17:55

Going to look at a new 140k at our sister shop a week from Monday, Cat will be there to answer some questions and provide a demo on the machine, I was under the impression that the K series was not available in north America because of emissions, some of the specs I heard is it has the ass end of a M series and the front cab and goose neck of the H series, 14 ft blade and a C9 for a engine, old style levers, for you h series lovers this is a gift sent from God, looking forward to seeing this machine.

Replies4
  1. #1Fatgraderman2018-08-06 19:42

    It won’t be a K. The 140K is a hybrid of a first generation H with a C7 engine. If it’s got an M back end then this is what you’ll be looking at- https://www.cat.com/en_US/products/new/equipment/motor-graders/motor-graders/2661581332365765.html

  2. #2plowking7402018-08-06 20:32

    I though that the 140k was not available in canada too until I worked next to one on a job in april of this year. Brand new grader with 140k on the frame and it had the traditional ass end that the early h model had. didnt look like the grader from Fatgraderman's link. Wish i took a few picts

  3. #3Fatgraderman2018-08-07 09:12

    I realize the K’s were available here in Canada. I was going from his comment on the back resembling an M.

  4. #420/802018-08-11 11:28

    I also noticed on Cats site for the 140 awd the goose neck resembles the m series goose neck, were the none awd 140 has the traditional h series goose neck.