Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Galion 503 series L Clutch

Razorsedge2003 · 2018-07-31 19:54

I think my clutch is going out. I’m going to try and get some more life out of it with adjusting. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to get the clutch out? It looks like it is a pain either way, pulling engine or dropping trans/ finals. What’s easiest in every ones experience? Thanks for the replies!

Replies4
  1. #1Dave Neubert2018-07-31 19:56

    pull the engine

  2. #2d9gdon2018-07-31 21:52

    You can pull the engine in a couple of hours.

  3. #3repowerguy2018-08-01 04:46

    There is no other way really besides pulling the engine, while you are in there, you may want to put in a drive spline for the hyd. pump.

  4. #4Razorsedge20032018-08-01 08:05

    I’ll check it out for sure. I’m sure I’ll replace some hoses and other things while I’m tearing things apart. Hopefully the adjustment I did last night will get me through until winter so I’m not rushed.