Anyone having the same issue with the 140m The second I turn it on I get that code E560 Secondary steer not responding to commands
Machine Serial Number.?
B9d1582
I’ll have to have a dig and get back to you.
Copy
Here you go.........E560(3) Event. Secondary steering test results in insufficient pump pressure. Possible Causes: · Electrical problem in the secondary steering pump motor circuit. · Mechanical problem with the secondary steering pump. First check for an Active MID027-CID420-FMI03 diagnostic code. If it is I can give you the Diagnostic Procedure for it. If the Code above is not Active, refer to the attached Systems Operation document (Page 6 onwards) and use "good diagnostic procedures" to troubleshoot a mechanical fault in the secondary sterring hydraulics. ***FWIW I've seen loads of problems with secondary steering pumps burning out and also (IIRC) problems with power relays for them, although that 2nd one is a bit hazy. The usual reason that the pump burns out is that it's running all the time because of an electrical/electronic fault that is basically telling it to run all the time.
Thank you ! I’ll try that out sir I appreciate it
We Had a lot of rain. 2 years ago an we drove in 4 ft of water , after that we started having this issue
Shout out if you need an Electrical Schematic. It might pay you to go looking for the electrical connectors in that particular circuit in case you have “water in the works”.
The last one I worked on had the secondary steering motor around the hitch and you had to get to it from the bottom. It's basically a starter motor turning a small hyd pump. The relay is right down there too. Usually the steering control valve/module(little black box on the steering valve) would go haywire and then then the aux steering motor runs until it burns up.
That's why my ears pricked up when the OP said the machine had been run through 4ft of water.......... We had a lot of trouble with the actuator on the steering control valve too. Cat updated it and changed the Part Number. The latest Part Number is 394-8186 and in the case of the 140M it was only fitted at the factory from machine B9D4249 onwards, so this machine would not have the updated valve unless it has been changed before.
Tomorrow I get to work on the 140 m I’ll use the information you provided I hope I’ll be able to figure something out , thanks again
I just followed the steps for the Secondary steer Test Still same e560 , i
I checked the voltages on my relay And on the secondary steer arc suppressor so I checked the voltage at the secondary steer motor relay and when I’m sitting in the cab and I turn on the secondary steer test which I’ll get voltage to my orange line for about two seconds and then it cuts off to the secondary steering motor relay
See the attachment. The section regarding the secondary steering start on Page 6. Hopefully it will help you understand a little better how the system works. Do you get the E650 immediately when you turn the key ON or does it only come after the engine starts.?
Yes as soon as I turn it on
As soon as the engine is running
Would the shuttle valve cause an issue with that e560?
Hi, new to the forum, just checking to see if you ever figured out your E560 code issue? We are having the same problem up here with our 2013 M140. Thanks Rob
Please post a machine Serial Number and go through the testing as suggested in the posts above (read through the attachments carefully) would be my suggestion. It's not unusual here for people to come asking for help then never come back and state what the problem was.
You may also want to verify that you’re software is all up to date. You should be able to get what version you have in machine information contact dealer and see if that’s the latest version. If you have a good Telematic service they may be able to do it that way also. If you have any other active diagnostic codes like Nige said then most likely not software issue
Good point. A 2013 machine will have had the software updated a dozen times at least since it was built. Software updates are not manadatory and often only get done if a dealer works on the machine and the tech doing whatever repair actually cares enough to update it. This is why the S/N is so important. EDIT: It's worth mentioning that a significant number of the software upgrades were done to address issues with Steering System Diagnostic Codes and Events. Post a photo showing how the Event appears on the Monitor Panel. Also list any other Codes/Events that are on the machine - Active or Logged.
Hello, I have the same problem with fault code E560, the second i turn on the code come out...Secondary steer pump not responding The equipment is CAT articulate dumper 730
Here is what is listed under troubleshooting. E560 (3) - Secondary Steering Pump Pressure Not Responding to Command. Probable Causes: (1) worn or damaged pump or motor. (2) Secondary pump relay is not providing electrical power to secondary pump motor. Recommended Action: Inspect wiring to the relay and motor. Inspect the motor and pump for wear or damage.