After 30 years, 6 months and 13 days of working for a Rural Municipality in Saskatchewan I have Retired. It has been a interesting time. Good luck to the new person that they hire.
Congrats on the retirement. You sound like you are ready.
Well earned, Congrats on your retirement.
Welcome to the club, and congratulations. I packed it in 18 months ago. If your like the rest of us old timers on here, you will really enjoy it. I know I am.
Congratulations!! 7 + months retired here from the a large Regional District. I do not know when I has time to work....Cam
Awesome! 26 years and 2 months....... until I can retire
Well I'm glad at least 92U 3406 is still hanging in there with all us others retired, myself April of 2015, he's going to have to work long hours to keep all this equipment running! Not sure he will have much free time to post here! Well as Cat140H was an operator maybe there is one less machine getting abused! Just kidding Cat140H! I hope the new kid has been taught how to not break things! And why is it that after 30+ years they did not have the common sense to hire the new person a year before you walked out the door? But that's about the same thing they did where I retired, gave me about 4 weeks to tell replacement how I did things for the last 45 years!
Congrats on retirement. I highly recommend it. The hours are great!!! I've been retired from my full time career 8 years. Gives me more enjoyable time at my part time career of running a blade. I'm very Blessed to be able to get my "operator fix" without being totally tied to it.
I am in 40 and going to do another 5... however I doubt I have 92U 3406’s zest for leaping out of bed. The spirit is still willing but the stiff and sore parts are a little less excited. We have been working 8 to 8 night shift for a couple weeks doing emergency repairs in different locations... wish I owned a Tesla for the ride home!
Congrats & Welcome to the crowd of Retirees, we are a Dying Breed, LITERALLY. I still dabble along but nothing like the Old Days.
I gotta Google Hermann, we can't be very far apart.
Gee Talk about a buzz killer Hahaha
Retirement’s looming large for me too. I have one more go-round at work starting after New Year that will end on February 18th and I am DONE. In the famous words of Steve Miller I’m going to take the money and run....
not long now ,23 more years until freedom 85.
Where do we apply to try to fill your shoes
Good luck trying to fill those!!
It would certainly only be a drop in the ocean.
I'm considerable distance from you. I'm at the Interstate Hiway Exit #93 North of Kansas City. 5 hour drive if you hurry. We've got 2" of snow on the ground. Should melt off today and tomorrow, highs in the low 40s. We were lucky and missed the heavier snow so I didn't have to push this round.
We had close to 5" snow, is melting but SLOWLY. Not getting to anxious on completing the work on my Allis as is a Hog on Ice with Loader Shoes.
Well we had about the same amount but it never got above 20ºF and they are talking single digits tonight and maybe 18ºF high on Friday. So I don't think melting is any time soon here!
Our temperature is currently in the high-20's, but that's Celsius not Fahrenheit and it's already 7:30 in the evening........
50 deg F tomorrow, talking 60 degrees monday. You must be doing something wrong khansen.
4 more years.
Congratulations Cat140H ! Enjoy every day of your retirement. They will fly by at an unbelievable speed. I cannot hardly believe 15 years of my own retirement has passed.
Last day was Feb 28 2001 at 57. Never looked back. Should have gone sooner but I loved what I was doing. Almost 19 years gone in the blink of an eye. Don"t put off retiring. You can"t make up the time later. You"r health will go and your joints will hurt and you"l say why didn"t I go sooner. I guess I was lucky in some ways. 7 months later 9/11 happened and my retirement savings went through the floor. I probably would have been afraid to retire for a long while but the deed was done so you just pull you"r seat belt a little tighter and go along for the ride. I speak from experience. d.d.
well I did get some time with the two wheeler this morning! No, not the Harley or XS650 Yamaha, this was the Ariens snow blower!
Meanwhile back on the coast. Showers today, high of 8, so what is that 45-46 F. No snow in sight. Our local ski hill is struggling, they finally got a dump of snow the other day so opening today. They have a 63 cm base, so about 2 feet. Hardly even enough to cover the rocks.
Bottom is dropping form our Crushed Stone driveway, did NOT spend long test running the Allis as not wanting to stir the Soup up.
Yeah, up here I want it to stay frozen now thru late February at least. My roads fall apart if there's much freezing/thawing. They are in pretty good shape right now and harvest is over.
Agree on preferring it to freeze and stay frozen. Don't have to worry about roads but it's a pain to try to snowthrow path to dog pen and in the pen when not frozen and the edge of driveway!