I have a 140m2 with Approximately 8000 hours on it. The machine doesn’t have the auto shift option as far as I know. When in messenger>settings>transmission you can’t change auto shift limits..anyways when working the machine and u load it up transmission auto downshifts to next lower gear if the rpms drop to somewhere between 5/-600 rpm. Will continue to downshift to 1st as long as you lug the engine. Will auto upshift one gear at a time when rpms climb back to1600. Anyone know anything about this. Would like it to stay in the selected gear till I manually shift it up or down. Have done transfill calibrations ..no effect. Software is up to date.
That's part of the transmission underspeed strategy and as far as I know, can't be changed. You need to work in a gear that keeps the engine above about 1000rpm.
That makes sense. Seems like rpms drop off too quick for the load. In cat et engine settings the power is set to the lowest possible setting. I’m thinking there were low med and high. Is it supposed to be set to the lowest setting? Thanks
Maybe this might clarify things a bit......... Transmission Under Speed Protection Strategy Underspeed protection automatically downshifts the transmission to the next lower gear when the machine is being operated below low idle and under load. The downshift will allow the engine to operate in a more appropriate speed range. If the engine continues below idle after the downshift, the underspeed protection will automatically downshift the transmission to the next lower gear after a one second delay. Once the engine speed has recovered to an acceptable level for at least five seconds, the transmission will begin to upshift to the original requested gear. Underspeed protection will not shift the transmission to the NEUTRAL. To avoid automatic downshifts, the machine should be operated at or above 1000 rpm. If a directional shift is performed before the transmission has returned to the requested gear, the transmission will automatically upshift after the directional shift to the requested gear or the maximum gear in that direction.
Does any one know about the power level setting? 140m2 140mc9d01312 the engine is set to the lowest power level. Is that where it’s supposed to be set?
Correct Serial Number should be M9D01312, no..? Power Level setting..? Are you referring to the VHP (Variable Horsepower) system..? If yes is the machine marked as "VHP" or "VHP Plus" Do you have an ET screen shot of the engine Config screen that you could post up..?
It’s vhp plus. A while back cat mechanic was going to change power setting on engine but it was password protected. If I’m remembering right their were three levels something like low med and high. This engine is set to the lowest setting. Machine has always been weak. Thinking with low power could be causing constant downshifts. Sometimes it even downshifts when changing from forward to reverse. Cat had checked everything thing on it. Fuel system. Boost system. Dpf. All good.
With a load on it even the smallest hydraulic movement will pull the motor down and make it drop a gear.
According to what I can see the engine was producing Rated Power when it was dyno'd - 243 BHP nett. I can't see any reference to adjustable power ratings anywhere, but then again I've never personally had ET connected to a 140M like yours. Sorry I can't be of more help. The VHP Plus system simply cuts the amount of power available in the lower gears to reduce wheelspin. The max power available in the various forward gears is 193, 203, 213, 223, 228, 233, 238, & 243 respectively in gears 1 thru 8.