Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

14e

southernman13 ยท 2015-10-22 11:54

Looking for planetary gear for a 14E. It's in the gear box that lifts the blade up and down. One of the little spider gears (I'm calling it) has a broken tooth. There's 3 inside that plantetary

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2015-10-22 12:31

    For a start - machine Serial Number ..? If it's the one I think is is (see below) there are 3 gears inside the planetary (Ref. #1, 3, & 4) but they all have 13 teeth and each one is a different Part Number ......

  2. #2southernman132015-10-22 13:53

    Ok it's one of the gears you have circled and the S/N is 99G219 series E. Thank you!

  3. #3Nige2015-10-22 14:13

    Part Numbers from the diagram above are - Ref #1 - 6D-1777 Ref #3 - 6D-1778 Ref #4 - 6D-1779 There may be others here who can tell you how to identify the difference between one Part Number and another but I'm afraid I can't. Prices are pretty eye-watering. $400+ each ..........

  4. #4southernman132015-10-22 14:34

    Wow I didn't realize they're all different. We have it apart let me see what I can find out. That's high but not as bad a 3500 for a box hehe thanks again

  5. #5Nige2015-10-22 15:27

    You may be lucky the three gears might have the Part Numbers stamped on them. For better pricing try places like Machinery Trader & Offroad Equipment - www.offroadeq.com/ They are on eBay used for around $100.

  6. #6Cletus2015-11-26 11:42

    I have good luck with Florin Tractor Parts in Sacramento California & Cat Classic parts from your local Cat dealer. I have a 12K 14E Thank you Nige for all your advice in all your posts! Happy Thanksgiving!