just bought a portable electric hydraulic pump and the paperwork says it takes #15 hydraulic oil. Googled it and I get aw15 hydraulic oil. The lightest oil my local parts house can find is hydraulic jack oil which is aw22. Figure i need 2 gallons to fill the reservoir. Is there an equivalent to #15 or do I need to order some? I know some of that stuff will run off atf or Mobil 424 which is readily available.
AW15 sounds awful light. Can you post up the manual recommendations somehow.? Even take a photo of the page and post that up.
Yes it is a China made low cost pump so the language is a little funky.
Reading that TBH I’d put an SAE10 weight hydraulic oil in it, which equates to an ISO 32, or if you can get an ISO 22 that would work as well. I don’t think it’s going to make a lot of difference quite frankly.
Thanks