Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Radiator cleaning

Tyler d4c ยท 2019-09-29 19:44

I'm trying to clean out calcium deposits. I cant seem to find anything that will work it loose. Any one have a idea or product. The rad snout of the machine. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1walkerv2019-09-29 19:56
  2. #2walkerv2019-09-29 19:57

    Maybe a product like that will work

  3. #3Tyler d4c2019-09-29 21:17

    It may I can find where to buy any local I need to run to the local chemical place and see if they have any.

  4. #4camerond2019-10-04 01:37

    That works great! We might be dealing with calcium deposits soon, just need to finish installing the new exhaust and fass diesel on the current pick up truck project before we can work on the 555B.

  5. #5Cmark2019-10-04 05:28

    Quick and easy is to use diluted hydrochloric acid from the pool shop. Don't leave it soaking too long though. Take it out and rinse/rod it about every 15 min. If you want a safer, slower option, phosphoric acid is the one to use. Have some kind of alkaline solution ready to neutralise it when you are done whichever chemical you use.

  6. #6Tyler d4c2019-10-05 20:57

    I ended up using Clr seemed to get it. Thanks for the insight