Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

155-6 komatsu

gwhammy ยท 2021-06-07 19:36

I'm kind of thinking about looking at one of these. It has 12,000 hours on it. Any good or bad info on them.

Replies5
  1. #1epirbalex2021-06-09 03:12

    Pretty solid and reliable dozers , at those hours it would need work done on the motor sooner or later if not done already . There was a dash 3 sold recently down here in 10 days or so , 9000 hrs I think , 85,000 $K advertised @ , Komatsu have good backup here and that counts for the demand .

  2. #2Vetech632021-06-09 08:06

    Does it have a ripper on the back that looks well used? If so, you can expect final drive work soon.

  3. #3gwhammy2021-06-09 20:10

    Don't think I'll go that big now. Looking at 40 to 50,000 lb. dozers. I really don't know if I'm going to buy anything right now unless a really good deal comes along.

  4. #4Sanya_Promstal2021-06-17 01:51

    World steel prices have +/- doubled over the year. The price of new equipment will rise. Behind and used. My opinion is now the time to buy.

  5. #5gwhammy2021-06-18 18:16

    I missed one really good deal by a day and a decent one after that. I'm not fast at pulling the trigger and now is not a good time to buy. Hoping this fall and winter might be. I can survive with the equipment I have just would like to have a nice machine to finish my career out with. Leaning towards a 850 j or k or a 65 komatsu right now.