Hi I have a case 1550 crawler. Have tightened track up with grease gun many times . It will not tighten any more this way . What do I do ? Any help would be appreciated.
not real familiar with case's but it sounds like you need a link removed from your drive chain. oh yeah, welcome :drinkup !
Thanks Mike , I was hoping there was an easier secondary adjustment.
Not familiar with that crawler. Can you post some picture of your machine?
You could have several issues, broken recoil spring, seals in the track adjuster cylinder blown, leaking check valve in the yoke, bearings in the idler failing, and a worn track system, pin and bushings. That machine came out in the late 80's, it's had some rebuilds before I would think. If you can do some pic's it would be great, and would help with some answers. If it's been taking grease and not moving the idler out, the seal in the track adjuster could be blown, if you look at the track frame at the idler and the idler support is against the bolt that holds the lower wear plate and shim, then the track chains may need a link out/ pin and bushings turned or other. (This is a loaded question of answers without pics).
1550 case crawler Hi, the machine has 2900 hours on it. I have owned it for the last year and put 800 of those on it. This is the first dozer I have owned. I replaced the drive sprocket sections on it last month. If I open the adjuster valve the grease will come out and track will slacken but will not pump up enough to get correct tension. Have cover off does not appear broken or leaking. Will take some photos tomorrow and try to post. Thanks Chris
Track pins and or rollers are probably shot. The track cyl. is at it's limit of travel. TGP