Can anyone recommend a resource for the tire size mentioned above? Something that works and doesn't break the bank? preferably made in US if that's even possible these days and can these be installed in the field by a couple guys? Or is this a for sure hire a pro with a truck mounted portable crane job? Any experiences worth sharing would be greatly appreciated.
I had a roadside tech put a tire on my tractor. I don't remember the off brand but it has held up fine. I will try to chime back in tomorrow with the brand name. He had me hold the tractor up with the stabilizer and also had me break the bead with the heel of the bucket. He fought it pretty hard. First installed with a tube after several failed attempts to install it tubeless. Then he damaged or installed a defective tube because the next day it was flat. He spent another 3 or 4 hours getting it to seat tubeless on the second day. He had a big gas powered compressor and a bead seating tank that would knock him off his feet when he opened the valve. The final attempt when it actually seated he packed half a 5 gallon bucket of tire grease in the void and hit the gap with the bead seater. Poor guy had tire grease all over him and my tractor. Actually getting the tire off and on the rim was the easy part. I didn't have the heart to complain about him not refunding me for the tube that didn't end up in my wheel. He only charged $650 total the first day and didn't try to add anything on day two. I would have had to complain if he tried to charge any extra. I did not move the tractor from where he mounted the tire and it went flat over night. If I attempted it I would have to try the starter fluid method. I suggested it to the guy but he wasn't amused.
Starting fluid works good if you dont get over zealous Closest I know American is probably titan witch i think is Firestone but will be cheaper than a Michelin radial If you know what your doing changing rear tires probably a half hour job and my tire guy charged me 300 bucks to change all 4
OP are you running R1 or R4? I have had Titan turfs on two different tractors. Both had cracks on the sidewalls. I like Galaxy brand tires but I've not run any industrial tires in that brand.
Personally, I hate any style Titan/Goodyear. Lots of trouble with cracking in the past, not sure what they’re like now