Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

160clc main boom lift

imgonnadigtochynaa · 2026-03-25 15:57

Having some trouble with my 160clc. The main boom especially seems pretty lazy. I notice all functions will max out at 34mpa or above on both pumps, except the main lift where pump one maxes out at 20mpa, and pump 2 34mpa. Am I correct to assume that it has a relief for each individual side? If so where are they located. I removed the ones on the topside and inspected them with nothing found out of place. The one I assumed was on the topside at the rear. And it doesn't seem to be.

Replies11
  1. #1Diesel Dave2026-03-26 09:08

    What are the pump1 and pump2 control pressures with boom up stalled versus arm in stalled. . See screenshot below of the circuit releif valve locations on the top side. As a test only you could swap out the boom up for the arm or bucket. .

  2. #2imgonnadigtochynaa2026-03-26 18:17

    I will check tomorrow. Actually it seems now, like the entire machine is getting slow. I'm going to check for codes

  3. #3imgonnadigtochynaa2026-03-27 08:00
  4. #4imgonnadigtochynaa2026-03-27 08:01

    Arm vs stick. Mind you it's not at full rpm in the picture so it's not making full pressure

  5. #5Diesel Dave2026-03-27 13:01

    Pump1 delivery pressure at only 10.8 mpa , that is using boom up ? What’s the boom up pilot pressure vs arm in pilot pressure ? I am going to assume they will be very similar but should check. if the boom up pilot pressure is good I suspect the boom1 spool on the 4 spool side is sticking and not moving to maximum travel. Screenshot of hydraulic schematic below.

  6. #6imgonnadigtochynaa2026-03-27 19:15

    I will look into that. On other machines I have had where the setscrew on the end backs off and you lose travel on the spool. Would I not have proper pressure but inadequate flow in that scenario?

  7. #7imgonnadigtochynaa2026-03-29 07:05

    The boom up stick out pilot pressure match. 4 on the screen

  8. #8Diesel Dave2026-03-29 11:02

    The top of the boom1 spool pilot cap there is a jack screw to allow lowering the boom without the engine running. Make sure that jack screw is backed out and not limiting boom1 spool upward max travel.

  9. #9imgonnadigtochynaa2026-04-01 21:03

    Now I'm noticing the entire machine may be operating slow. Over the past few days it's been off and on, not an instant drastic change, slowly comes and go. Tracks evenly weaker and slower on both sides. I also felt the swing brake I believe engaging prematurely when slowiyoff the swing function. No codes still. Just brought it home for the muddy season, wondering if it's a good idea to inspect and replace orings on all releif valves. And do a pump and releif setup

  10. #10Diesel Dave2026-04-01 22:28

    I would start with the engine pull down/hydraulic pump regulator test.

  11. #11imgonnadigtochynaa2026-04-02 20:09

    I will do that and report back.