Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

16v149 Blowers

Walker1 ยท 2024-03-27 15:56

I have a pair of Detroit diesel 16v149 (8927895) blowers that I bought in order to get some other blowers that I wanted. I have been told that these would have been on mining equipment, which makes sense due to the size of the engines. These things are bigger than anything I would ever work on. Where would be a good place to find someone who would be looking for blowers of this size? Thanks, Walker

Replies5
  1. #1Deere500a2024-03-27 22:58

    Locomotive switcher or Marine

  2. #2Nige2024-03-27 23:52

    The last time I saw a piece of mining equipment with a 16V149 in it was about 25 years ago........

  3. #3JaredV2024-03-28 00:28

    I was going to suggest calling tugboat companies nearby and then noticed you're in Arizona...

  4. #4Walker12024-03-28 10:12

    The guy I was talking to retired about 20 years ago!

  5. #5cfherrman2024-03-28 10:43

    Put them on eBay for a buy it now for a good price and they will go eventually. Figure up the shipping price and 2x though.