Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gearmotors, anyone have experience with them?

usedpartsnv ยท 2024-04-18 12:55

Hello HEF, I am looking for anyone who has real world experience with gearmotors as a means of propulsion for conveyor belts. We are all familiar with the traditional, electric motor/ V belt / gearbox setup as seen below. My company is being marketed a complete unit gearmotor as a lower horsepower, lower maintenance option. I'm talking about big, heavy aggregate conveyors (600+ tph) not little .5 hp options. Your information is appreciated. Traditional: Proposed

Replies4
  1. #1DDoug2024-04-18 12:58

    I would ask SEW

  2. #2usedpartsnv2024-04-18 13:04

    Oh believe me, I can get enough marketing info to choke a horse! I was looking for unbiased (if possible) hands on experience.

  3. #3DDoug2024-04-18 13:11

    I have used SEW Eurodrive on a couple of jobs, not your application, but found them to be a good manuf. overall. what your referencing about....I have no idea.

  4. #4usedpartsnv2024-04-18 13:17

    I'm curious. What did you use them for?