So this is odd, (I think) I went to look at a prospective loader today and found something interesting. After I got it up a bit with the bucket and looked at the rollers this is what I found. The front roller (#1) had a flange/flanges on the inside and the outside of the roller. So that both rails would go between both the flanges. eg 4 flanges On the next roller back (#2) the roller only had flanges on the far outside edges. eg 2 flanges On the next roller back (#4) it was back to inside and outside flanges again. eg 4 flanges And so on all the way back, the same on both sides. I always thought they used the same rollers in all 12 positions? Did somebody get cheap on the re-rail job and only put in some new rollers or something? Maybe even the wrong or cheaper roller? Anyone seen this sorta thing before? Its 82 175C with a ripper if that matters. Thnaks for any thoughts on this thing..... CB
Hi Barky That is correct we always did it like that as single flange rollers were cheaper and you don't need double flanges on every roller. The double at the front helps line up the chain into the rollers and then its all ok .The main thing to remember is not to do a sharp turn with the sprocket and the front idler both on a high spot and the chain sagging in the middle especially with worn chains thats hard on the gear. regards from cold wet New Zealand Malcolm
From memory the TD 15 and possibly the 175 u had to have a single flange roller at the back to allow clearance with the sprocket tooth as the double flange would hit the teeth. The usual set up was double at the front then S D S D & Single at the back.
Thanks for clearing that up guys. Im a newb to heavy equipment and it didn't look right. Hey, I know a Malcolm from NZ, he makes tube perf machines.......B
Not me mate cheers malcolm
Shoot, and here I was trying to sound -worldly-........B