Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

175c transmission input shaft bearing

Siskequipmentrepair · 2021-11-27 13:54

Does anyone have an idea if you can change the transmission input shaft bearing on a dresser 175c with the trans in the machine? Went to go change the seal and figured out that the bearing was missing a few pieces, also seems it’s is pressed in the shaft and the snapping is just for safety. Before I get it further apart I wanted to see if it was possible to change that bearing. I have the seal cover and snap ring removed already.

Replies2
  1. #1kshansen2021-11-27 14:01

    Any chance you know what kind of transmission the 175C has? Maybe post the S/N and some pictures of the area you are working on so someone might have a better idea of what you a seeing?

  2. #2Siskequipmentrepair2021-11-27 14:32

    I don’t have the serial number handy but it has the power shift trans in it. I am trying to remove the bearing on the shaft that’s in the picture. Reading the disassembly instructions it’s showing that the shaft has to be pressed out which is what I was afraid of.