Got a 955L 85J series and the right side won't pull. Just drags right side and does a circle. Backed off the right brake and it will freewheel. Got it on lowboy and to shop, jacked her up and it won't pull forward or reverse. Where do I start?
a good place to start is linkage, then progress to testing clutch pressure do you have a manual ?, there is a port on the case but iam not sure if you can test left and right clutch packs, 955's are pretty straight forward as to ring and pinion to drive pack steering clutch to finals, also 955's 85j are steering assisted meaning there is a valve with hydraulic pressure that assist clutch pack actuation ,at the rear case on the top are 4 windows 2 for left and 2 for right look in side for excessive play, if iam correct the steering clutch's are always engaged until the pedals are pressed ,seems like the clutches are not engaging or the adjustment is too tight and the assist is releasing the right pack.
Do check the linkage. Mine had trouble with steering when I first got it. From non-use and not greasing things get stuck. Same happens with F-N-R
Got it. Had some issues when we first got it with left pedal froze up. But thats been fixed. Weather here is good for next few weeks so we'll probably be working. But next chance we'll do some investigating and report findings. We do have a manual. Thank you for the guidance!
Mine had an issue turning one direction when I got it. I removed the pedal assembly and rebuilt all the bearings that the pedals pivot on, then I adjusted the linkage per the manual and I was in business.