I got a 2005 Int 9900 with a acert c15 motor. The auto shift sh*t the bed. Can I put a manuel 18 in its place. Can the computer be reworked to accept the manual transmission? Looking at rebuilding the box as a few bearings gave up and haven't found a rebuilt trans and trying to minimize my expense. The truck has 350K miles and runs very good. Fire away and Thanks for responses in advance
Yes you can. Will need to install a clutch pedal, reprogram the ecm, and remove the current trans harness. The autoshift box does not have the holes in the housing to accept the slave valve for the high and low range. Will need to get a new housing at minimum. Reman Eaton trans arent too bad in price, about 5500$ Canadian with 2yrs warranty.
You about to open can of worms on this as I have done the same except not from auto to manual but just one transmission to next. Had to pull 2.5 inches from the drive shaft, fabricate new carrier bearing brackets, move a cross member forward, custom fabricate the original shifter to fit and I'm sure my pinion angle is off I will find out in next couple days. Also you got to make sure the input shaft is correct length/width, right SAE bell housing, don't let the different U joint discourage you as those can be changed out to whatever is on drive shaft. Took a 1986 International S1954 with Spicer CM5552-D 5 speed that **** the bed and put a Eaton FS6206-6 6 speed in.
An update, Getting a remain from International. Parts and labor one year guarantee. $4500. Priced trans from a junk yard at $3900. No sure if it was correct. Couple of gears ate off and bearings. Looks like the pto was leaking and pump hanging with no bolts to trans. Big trucks, big money
that was most likely the best way you could have gone