On the 18th of December Quinton Ward of Werner Enterprises received a fully-loaded Kenworth T680 Advantage . Ward joined the Army after graduating from high school. He was injured while on active duty and medically retired in 2010. There were also three runners-up: Christopher Young of Stevens Transport, received $10,000 Platt Brabner of TMC Transport, $5,000 Summar Hanks of US Xpress , $5,000 What do you think? Can a random veteran be awarded with a $150K truck? No offence to Kenworth. I respect them as a manufacturer, they design great rigs. It's just I don't believe in such things as lottery. Do you?
Damn where do I sign up for this lottery? I too was medically retired from the Army after Iraq... Don't want some big rig like this but you know something simplistic would be fine with me... Kidding I rather buy broke down single axle truck that needs work as it's would feel more like mine after done rebuilding it or fixing it, unlike this I would feel like I didn't earn it and someone else deserves it.
Why Not? Veterans receive PTSD, Brain Damage, Adverse physical reaction from vaccinations (gulf war syndrome), Agent Orange damage...list can on. Veteran Suicide Rate officially unknown, CDC estimated one every 55 minutes. IMO, give every veteran a new $150K truck surely better homeless Vets begging for food.
It's 21 to 23 a day on veteran suicide, it gets old fighting it. This country rather give an invading country $10.6 billion versus helping its veterans. Giving us something worth living for is better than giving us something free like that.
Congrats to him Sure hope he can handle the maybe 45K cost in income tax
I think this is great to help veterans, but what are you- just a shill for KW? a salesman with nothing but time to copy and paste articles from your company newsletter? Between this and your KW engineers driving around to learn how to make better trucks, I'm not sure where you're coming from, or when the ads start popping up- maybe this is your ad?
Strange, all the weird posters that come on here with stuff like this.
Getting a T-680 is better than getting a ladder. My memories of Vietnam don't overwhelm me, but I was lucky. The VA has been very good to me, but I went to the VA expecting nothing. Let's just be happy for this young man, whatever his position and circumstances in life. I am just a lurker here, but the freely-given sharing of information on this forum is beyond awesome and outstanding. From Savannah, GA
I am who I am and I can't be no one else if you've got nothing left to say, keep your comments to yourself It always amuses me how differently people react to the same things.
Shame to anyone who isn’t anything but happy for this man receiving a truck. Who cares if it’s a shameless promotion and no one here is qualified to judge if this man is deserving of this or not. We all should be glad when someone gets something when we don’t. It’s disgusting to see such shameful hatred for great things happening.
Thank you Paul! Couldn't agree more. Let's be happy for this man who undoubtedly deserves such a gift and a lot more. And let's celebrate all the good things! Merry Christmas to all! Sorry if I unintentionally offended somebody, I didn't mean it.