Hi I have a Case 1830 uni-loader that the right side control sticks. The right side will almost never go forward but will always go in reverse and will often stick in reverse. Does this sound like linkage? Thanks in advance
The linkage on that machine is really simple, just take off the seat and have a look. If its linkage it will be pretty obvious.
Yeah you're right, it's a very straight forward set up for the linkage. Was a little sloppy, tightened it up but I think it's binding up in the pump unfortunately. I just got the service manual (Jensales) yesterday and wont really be able to get into till next weekend.
Ours has about 2600 hours and the levers that are attached to the pump control shafts are pretty sloppy. This causes the controls to act real jerky at slow speed but not really sticking.
Check the centering spring on top of the hydrostat. It may be off one side and binding between the arm and the housing. It isn't vary big, but it makes a difference.
I didn't think of that one at all Jb. I got the inspection mirror out and took a look. Everything looks squared away but you did get me thinking about the shock. When I release the handle from the forward or reverse position it takes a full second to return to neutral.
Check to see if there is any rust or pitting on the shaft of the shock. I Just replaced one on a seat bar that had the chrome peeled and catching. There is also a little spring on the hydro itself that could be broken. It centers the control shaft.