Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Asv a/c

southernman13 ยท 2012-07-03 14:30

Got an 05 rc100 AC is o ly cold for a little while. I know these models aren't noted for keeping real cool, but should it still feel cool coming out of vents? I purchased one of those single can gauge included recharge deals at discount auto parts, I'm going to see if that helps

Replies5
  1. #1southernman132012-07-03 17:45

    It was a little low not much, but it don't do any better. It blows cold then not as cold, not really warm but not cold. It keeps doing that, I can't watch the compressor to see if it's cycling or not. Any ideas?

  2. #2southernman132012-07-03 20:36

    Well at least I'm reading it and replying. The compressor is short cycling. Why I don't know I put the freon can with gauge on the low side it was a little low but was in the green. I added most of the can. When the compressor would shut of the pressure on the gauge would go in the red. I felt the compressor and it was pretty warm but the clutch wasn't. The on off control in the cab stayed lit. It doesn't have a temperature selector switch it's either on or off but has fan control. So I don't know where to check from here, any ideas? I don't mind calling a mechanic but I wanted to take it to Ga on Thursday, guess I'll wait, unless someone comes up with a remedy on here.

  3. #3mactoro2012-07-04 11:09

    Fans Check that the condenser Fans are running On mine the relay was up in the condenser box and all corroded and inoperative

  4. #4southernman132012-07-04 11:19

    Are you talking about the fans on the roof. I can hear them running. Or at least one of them, it looks like there's two up there. I'll check, thanks

  5. #5Folton772012-07-14 07:58

    Just as a test u should use a hose to pour water over the condenser core. That will tell u if its the fans, compressor, or something else. I used to do that to help the ac on my old '06 rc 100 cool the air in the cab better.