I just had a drive chain break on the skid steer, wasn't at high throttle but was pushing on a small tree like I do to push it over. Was in dirt, and it snapped. Bought a new PGN #60 heavy duty chain. Took hours to install due to the tight quarters; wife even had to help cause she could get both hands in there to get the master link on. Anyway, new chain snapped a pin after 10min of using it. Old chain was a Tru-Pitch not the heavy duty version, and the link stretched and broke; the pin didn't. Wondering others experiences, what chain they recommend, if this was a fluke bad pin on this chain or if PGN is a known weak chain. I don't want to have to do this a 3rd time!
Case does not make their own chains, so unless you know who manufacturers the chains for them I don't want to hear "use OEM", espeiclly since they also are continuous chains and there is no way I'm attempting to put one of those on the rear!! Mainly what I am asking is others experiences with chains and what aftermarket brands are known to be good and last.
Oh bummer found the issue! Rear sprocket is shot. Anyone have a good one for sale (Part # D88624 )? Yes I know new is available but I'd prefer a good used one for less if I can find one for a reasonable price. Several teeth are chipped and one has a piece of metal protruding from the tooth that would def break a chain. And the whole thing is worn out and many teeth have a "scoop" like profile feel.
Eh I'm going to file it down and see if it will last a few more years... If not I'll find replacement sprocket.