Cheap Chinese giyi power rake. I know junk but until I can afford a good one it will have to do. Anyone know if these are supposed to operate both in forward and reverse ? The way it’s set up reverse is the only direction it runs View attachment IMG_2146.jpeg
Reverse the hoses if it won't run in forward.
Then my problem would be it won’t run in reverse. I thought hydraulic motors ran in both directions ?
I'm not sure if there are dedicated hydraulic motors that only turn one direction. I'd imagine there are though. Some work as a motor one way or a pump if the hoses are reversed. I think yours should be bi-directional though. The motor on your rake looks to have a case drain but I can't tell if it's a smaller hose. I'd make sure you have all 3 hoses hooked up properly. I would suspect the lower hose in your pic. is the case drain. It should go directly back to reservoir with little restrictions. With only the 1 pic. I can't see how you have the hoses hooked up to the machine. Especially if the motor is turning slower I could see it only going one direction if the case drain was hooked to a pressure line. I could also see it damaged real quick if that's the case. Some more pics. would help.
In the photo it looks like the hoses a coupled together above the motor. If that correct then remove that coupling and plug were it fits. It's maybe a flow restrictor and it stopping the reverse rotation and its removal shouldn't cause any damage.
I would suggest the hoses are coupled together with a check valve This would cause the one way rotation only If you remove the check valve and then plug the tees as suggested then the hydraulic motor will stop very abruptly
That will be OK if the engine is brought to an idle before shutting down the rake. My comment was meant as a test, should have clarified that, my bad.
I didn't scroll over enough to see that on my phone but I'm curious how the hoses hook up to the prime mover. Maybe it is designed to only work in one direction and the hoses can be reversed.