I have a case 1835c with TM20 engine. Engine cranks but will not even try to fire. A few weeks leading up to no start condition I has having a hard starts after engine was heat soaked. This lead me to believe I had a carburetor issue. I disassembled carb, cleaned and rebuilt with new seals. Did not fix. I do have fuel pressure to carb inlet. Now I'm looking at ignition. I do have spark from all 3 spark plug leads while cranking. I pulled the rotor cap and cleaned the posts and the contact points on the arm and it made no difference. Could the transistor inside the distributor have failed so the timing is totally incorrect? Maybe the coil is not producing enough energy? I'm going to pull the distributor off and open up to see if I can spot an obvious issue inside. Will also perform a cylinder leak down test on motor while I'm at it. If anybody has been down this road or is familiar with this ignition system, and has pointers on trouble shooting or specific things to look for during my distributor inspection, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Have you tried just pouring some fuel into carb to see if it will fire? Also check distributor for carbon tracking underneath cap, also rotor for possible hole burned through.