Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Regen warning all of a sudden on Takeuchi tl12v2

Redneck007 · 2024-06-02 10:50

I have a 2018 TL 12.....soot level shows low, then all of a sudden after working for a few hours, it starts beeping every second with regen symbol. I tried to manual regen, but it does nothing. I have never had to regen on this machine, I take it it did it automatically? I have never tried to manually, but now, it wont. Ironically the beeping and symbol went away after an hour.....never had a power reduction. SPN 4364 fmi 1 code is there. Do i have to clear code for it to regen? and if so how do i clear? Thanks....Im new here, so if Ive asked this in the wrong place, let me know.

Replies3
  1. #1MarshallPowerGen2024-06-02 14:06

    What engine is in it? That code doesn't show in the TL8/10/12 Operators Manual, but does come up as a standard "SCR system - Very low conversion efficiency", which should clear with a regen if everything is operating correctly. From the manual: When the DPF manual regeneration symbol on the display in the instrument cluster starts flashing and an alarm starts sounding, perform the DPF manual regeneration as follows. 1. Park the machine in a safe place where there is no fire hazard. 2. Raise the safety bar to the lock position. 3. Decrease the engine speed to low idling. 4. Press and hold the manual regeneration side on the DPF manual regeneration/ inhibit select switch. 5. The manual regeneration symbol stops flashing and remains lit to indicate that the engine RPM is automatically increased and the DPF regeneration (PM burning) has started. 6. Release the switch. Do not leave the machine during regeneration. It takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the ambient temperature, to complete the regeneration operation. 7. The manual regeneration symbol goes off to indicate the end of manual regeneration. Note: · Do not lower the safety bar and move the control levers during regeneration. Doing so interrupts the regeneration. · In some cases smoke may be emitted from the tail pipe while the DPF regeneration is being performed. This is not a failure; it is due to burning of the particulate matter (PM). · In some cases the noise associated with the DPF regeneration operation or cancel operation may change; this is not a failure. · The DPF manual regeneration can be completed faster while the machine engine is warm rather than cold. Note that the manual regeneration does not start unless the coolant temperature is higher than a set value. The coolant temperature may increase while manual regeneration is being performed. · Since the DPF regeneration is designed to work only when the accumulated particulate matter (PM) in the filter exceeds a certain amount, it will not start otherwise, even if you attempt to perform manual regeneration.

  2. #2Redneck0072024-06-02 15:24

    Yeah, im not sure.....again, the soot level gauge shows low.....but like you said, a regen should clear this, but mine will not regen.....i think its always automatically done it when im at higher rpms....I was also told it wont regen until I clear code....not sure how to do that. I bought this tractor and it didnt have an operators manual. I bought the service manual but it doesnt explain much on this. Thanks

  3. #3Redneck0072024-06-02 16:22

    Its the Kabota engine