Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1840 case spool valve

jsmith6752james4now ยท 2021-02-24 16:46

I finally got all my lines unhooked . I am trying to remove the 2 1/2" bolts holding it on. they are spinning but not coming out. Is there nuts on the bottom? If so, how can you reach them? This is one heck of a job.. thanks

Replies13
  1. #1jsmith6752james4now2021-02-24 16:51

    one more question..what the wire for going to the bottom of the valve?

  2. #2jsmith6752james4now2021-02-25 18:55

    anyone? thanks

  3. #3bad Tom2021-02-25 21:52

    I don't know about the wire, but the valve is bolted down with 5/16 lock nut on the bottom. This is on a 1835, I don't see a listing for the bolts on a 1840 or later 1835's. You should be able to get to the bottom side from the rear.

  4. #4jsmith6752james4now2021-02-25 22:21

    I will give it a try. Darn engineers.

  5. #5gggraham2021-02-26 11:06

    Just a guess but maybe someone put a ground wire to the valve mounting because that machine is strictly a manual stroke spool, there are no electrical hydraulic controls except for the aux hydraulic valve which has 2 solenoids.

  6. #6jsmith6752james4now2021-03-02 21:23

    You were right it was a ground. I finally got the spool off of the 1840. I used a Ford distributor wrench to remove the front bolt. My float is not working so I remember something about balls getting gummed up. Am I removing the correct piece? It does not want to come off . It does have 2 small bolts on it as well.

  7. #7jsmith6752james4now2021-03-02 21:24

    Does anyone know how much a dealer charges for a rebuild?

  8. #8bad Tom2021-03-03 09:18

    I would guess from $100 to $200. The balls that are stuck are holding it on. Look for the two plugs and remove them and then try to pull it off.

  9. #9jsmith6752james4now2021-03-03 09:47

    Are talking about the 2 plugs that have the small springs under them?

  10. #10jsmith6752james4now2021-03-03 09:49

    is the part in the picture is what I need to take off? thanks

  11. #11bad Tom2021-03-03 19:27

    Yes, you can see one of the plugs in the photo. One on each side, remove and remove the springs.

  12. #12jsmith6752james4now2021-03-03 21:36

    Ok thanks

  13. #13jsmith6752james4now2021-03-07 10:11

    how many ball bearings are there sub post to be in the spool valve for the float mechanistic ?