Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1840 Skid Steer – Loader valve

Chuck ยท 2011-08-26 15:53

When I move the lever to start to raise the boom, it will initially hit a position where the boom can free fall. If I move the lever past this initial position, it will raise the boom normally. The bucket tilt lever works the same way. Is this an adjustment problem, or is my loader valve messed up? Thanks! Chuck

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2011-08-26 17:03

    You need to inspect the load check valves, the springs could be broken. Early 1840's had a plastic poppet & now an alloy one is supplied. Pic below is for a 1845C - 1840 is very similar

  2. #2alrman2011-08-26 20:15

    I should have mentioned that these hold pressure, so before you attempt to remove, be sure the safety bar is fitted & you neuralize all controls. Think Safe!

  3. #3Chuck2011-08-29 14:57

    Thanks for the info. I'll check those out!

  4. #4Chuck2011-09-19 17:15

    That was exactly what my problem was. For any one else out there with this problem, I bought my parts from the dealer and the kits were $43 (2 required). The parts were from Quality Control Corp, which is making stuff for or is part of Sauer Danfoss. Part number 156B8545. I'd bet its cheaper to buy them from a hydraulics supplier than Case.