I bought a 1845 case skidloader awhile back. little diesel motor really starts easy and runs very well. Put a new electrical temp gage on it. seemds to be working fine. Put a new oil pressure gage on it. carrys 70lbs of oil pressure. Got the hour meter to work. Havent gotten the amp meter working yet. changed the oil. don't see any leaks anywhere. I am used to operating an old mustang I have with foot controils for the bucket so this one is a little different. When transporting it seemsto be fairly quiet the question is that when I turn it or try to dig or turn with it it seems very noisy. It will lift anything smooly. Spin all tires when you try to dig when at low idle. Having not operated a case I just don't know if it normal for the hydraulics to be real noisey. like I say when your going straight and not doing anything with it it sounds very good. only other question is that when moving forward the left side seems to be just ahead of the right side. all comments welcome. I haven't changed any oil filters yet.
You don't want to dig or put any load on the transmission at low idle, anything under half or 2/3 really. The unbalanced direction is probably worn linkage
used it for an hour today. Reved it up some and it did seem to work better. controls will take some time getting used to. I usally run things at low throttle. guess I better rev it up some. my linkage rod is worn on the right side. where the arm goes into the frame theres a pin inside of a collar that apparently is froze up so the pin has been moving and worn down. Tried to get them out but had no luck. I think that's causing the problem with that. thinking about replacing the hyd filter under the seat. is there an alternative to case filters. case dealer is 35 miles away. thanks norm