Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845c

Doug Mott ยท 2015-08-18 15:11

I have a 1845c uni blew a hyd line going to the front drive motor. replaced line now both wheels on that side will barely turn when you put a load on the wheels they barely have power right bank is ok when all four wheels are off ground you can turn the wheels easly. the other side which works the wheels are very hard to turn.The side that barely works makes a noise in reverse.

Replies3
  1. #1GaryHoff2015-08-18 22:48

    Sounds like you may have a failed travel motor/ pump. Check your case drain flow from the travel motor, while under load. Then compare to the other side. If there is excessive case drain flow, then that suggests a failed travel motor. Not sure how savvy you are on hydraulics, but the sure way to determine the fault is perform a charge pressure drop tests.

  2. #2melben2015-08-19 11:24

    If you allowed any dirt to enter the hose upon installation the drive pump commutator is probably ruined. just one small speck of any type abrasive will ruin the commutator plate, I have seen this so often, (drive failure after hose replacement). The work area must be completely clean and the hose plugged with proper plugs till it is in proper position then after fitting and hose are spotless they can be hooked up. The system will not need any bleeding. If I am correct the whole loop - pump, hoses and motor will have to be checked for damage and cleaned if usable. I hope that this is not the case.

  3. #3kshansen2015-08-19 12:01

    Very good points! Not saying the OP is at fault but when working on any hydraulic system cleanliness is critical. Unfortunately sometimes customers or bosses get in too big a rush to get something apart and act like you, the guy doing the work, are just afraid to get your little hands dirty. When in fact you are trying to save them from having to spend more money on parts and labor if the system gets contaminated. Last time I had to replace a drive hose on the 1845C where I worked it took close to three hours cleaning under the floor boards before I could safely remove and replace the failed hose. Actually had to use an air chisel most of the time to dig through the dirt it was that hard!