Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845c

mick neighbors · 2016-11-26 08:17

how do you change the fan belt on this machine,do you have to take the pump off?? thanks for any help

Replies8
  1. #1thrashingcows2016-11-26 16:48

    I'm doing this same job in a couple days....there should be tensioner, so loosen that and wrestle the belt off.....at least that's how I'm going to tackle the job.

  2. #2alrman2016-11-26 22:16

    Welcome to HEF mick neighbors! Yes you will need to remove the equipment pump to allow the belt to be fitted. You should be able to leave the hoses attached while doing so - there should be enough movement to pull the pump shaft from the drive coupling. :thumbsup

  3. #3mick neighbors2016-11-27 06:30

    skid steer thanks, im going to do this today, letting the bolts soak with blaster cause they are rusted,tired to take the bolts off muffler to remove that also to get a clean shot at the altenator but the first one broke off,so i thought i would let things soak for a while,my machine was in a chemical plant of some kind, even the bolts on the altenator are rusted tight

  4. #4Jeepwalker2016-11-27 11:06

    Might want to touch them with an acetylene torch, if you have one handy....

  5. #5mick neighbors2016-11-28 06:45

    tried a torch,tried blaster,nothing worked, had to break them off the muffler and altenator support, it happens,but the pump motor came off easy, now just have to drill the bolt holes out and rethread this turned in to a chore this is a used skidsteer, so this is what happens when people dont take care of their machines

  6. #6Jeepwalker2016-11-28 08:59

    Sucks, been there ...mine has one broken at the muffler too

  7. #7thrashingcows2016-11-28 15:52

    When I got my 1845C the unit was dry as a bone....no lube on anything. So I constantly hit as many nuts, bolts and fasteners with fluid film, even if I don't plan on removing them any time soon. Allows the penetrating and lubricating properties of the fluidfilm to work into things. I do this on all my vehicles and equipment....that is why I go through a can of FF at least once a month.

  8. #8DIYDAVE2016-11-28 20:15

    If you wanna get tight bolts and nuts off, try the wax trick. Heat bolt with propane torch, to about 350ºF, then take a beeswax candle, and melt it into the threads, and where the head of the nut or bolt in question. Works more times than not...:idea