Okay so bought an 1845c and needed to have a backup alarm bought the two pressure switches and adapters put the both on the right side of the tandem pump wired keyed hot power through one switch and to the other as it should be. How ever with the key just turned to on I have no backup alarm which is normal. However as soon as I start it my alarm stays on while not moving. If I move full forward it goes off but in neutral machine not creeping and me not having to keep it from creeping it still goes off. Could there be pressure on the reverse side enough to set them off even while the machine is sitting still? Or am I missing something. Thanks in advance here are some pics to show wireing
Do you have the hot and the signal wire daisy chained from one switch to the other, I can't tell? Try a pressure gauge in each port, you will always have at least case pressure which may be high enough to make the switches come in. What pressure are the switches set at?
Yes so I have positive connected to the first switch which is only hot when the key is turned on. It runs to the first switch then out of that switch to the second one and then out of that one to the alarm. Supposedly the switches are 2000 psi switches I don't believe they are adjustable?
Well, wired that way, both switches have to close for the alarm to turn on, which now that I think about it makes sense. I *think* where you have those switches is the cover for the servo pistons, which is only somewhat less than full charge pressure even at full stroke.
Yeah in the parts diagram it shows that as the install position. I also double checked with the local case dealer to be sure that was the proper location. I got a gauge and stuff so well see what the pressure is there.