Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845C Bucket Hydraulic Question

Luckkide ยท 2023-12-05 17:42

JAF0101572 1845C approx. 5100hrs No matter the rpm of the machine, when I try to tilt/curl the bucket back towards me while lifting the arms at the same time. It will NOT curl back. It also stops lifting the arms as well. I recently rebuilt/repacked/resealed the lifting cylinders, but not the bucket ones. I notice that it also has a weak bucket lift, it doesn't seem to have the power or capacity that it should. I can lift a 1100lb round hay bale all day, but it will NOT curl back if I pick it up, it will dump/curl down without any issue though. (the bucket also has a slight bleed off) There are no other leaks, oil is filled to the right level, no weird noises. Should I be looking into resealing the bucket cylinders because of fluid passing by internally, or do you think it may be another issue? All other hydraulic functions seem to have full power and ability, except the bucket curling. I will attempt to get a video of my issue later today if possible.

Replies1
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2023-12-10 21:49

    Have your checked for hot spots on your bucket cylinders? Also you might have a circuit relief pressure issue.